The Tigard Chamber of Commerce is seeking curious, collaborative, constructive, compassionate, and connected adults who are: business owners, government, non-profit, or academic professionals and volunteers.
Are you interested in gaining more knowledge about the community you live, work and play in? How about a deeper understanding of how it all fits together between business, government, non-profits, and community? Would you like to impact the community of Tigard and help make it even better? Then consider Leadership Tigard!
Leadership Tigard is a 1 day/month, 9-month program of the Tigard Chamber of Commerce. The goal of the program is to educate and inspire adult leaders to participate in the life of our community at a variety of levels. The purpose of Leadership Tigard is to create knowledgeable, connected, skilled, involved and passionate business and community members/leaders.
Participants in Leadership Tigard become part of local solutions as more informed and engaged citizens. What previous participants say about Leadership Tigard:
• Karen Emerson, Leadership Tigard Class of 2017, and current Tigard School Board member stated: “Leadership Tigard helped me find the confidence to represent my neighbors on the school board.”
• Halsted Bernard, Leadership Tigard Class of 2018, and now Director of Tigard Public Library stated: “Leadership Tigard has given me the tools to engage more deeply with the Tigard Community and the resources to collaborate with other leaders.”
• Michelle Cheney, Leadership Tigard Class of 2019 and a Branch Manager with The Portland Clinic stated: “I’ve lived in Tigard for 15 years and worked here for 7 and almost everything we learned was new. I was delighted with how much Tigard has to offer, and I learned about important ways I can contribute to my community.”
We thank and congratulate Leadership Tigard graduates who supported the local community for three years running:
• Class of 2017 – Raised $5,000 for Project Homeless Connect Tigard One Day Event, serving some of our most vulnerable community members.
• Class of 2018 – Assembled 300 “Fresh Start” kits with essential health, hygiene and other necessities for the city’s most needy residents distributed through local agencies.
• Class of 2019 – Raised over $6,000 for the Chelsea Hicks Foundation who provides play and laughter to children fighting cancer.
Applications are now being accepted for the Leadership Tigard class of 2019/20. The program runs October 7, 2019 through June16, 2020. Applications are due by September 20, 2019. To apply visit: Leadership.TigardChamber.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Tigard is a program of the Tigard Chamber of Commerce. Connect with us on Facebook.com/LeadershipTigard, Instagram.com/Leadership_Tigard and Twitter @LeadersTigard
For more information contact Debi Mollahan: Debi@TigardChamber.org or (503)