Millions of people worldwide swear by arch supports to get rid of foot pain and live happier, more comfortable lives.
Foot Pain Facts:
1. Most adults take 4,000 to 6,000 steps every day – the same as walking around the world 5 times in an average lifetime. And your feet support every one of those steps.
2. Your feet also absorb the equivalent of hundreds of tons of pressure (think cement truck) on any given day.
3. By age 20, 80% of adults develop alignment issues in their feet that limit their physical activity.
4. 8 in 10 adults suffer from foot pain; half of them say it limits walking and exercising.
5. Foot problems can cause pain in other joints such as the knee, hip and back.
You can probably benefit from high-quality, personalized custom arch supports if you have:
• Fallen Arches – foot supports can’t correct this condition, but they can reposition the foot to improve overall function and lessen the risk of injury.
• Flat Feet – they can provide much-needed support to compensate for the natural lack of arches.
• Arthritis – each foot has 33 joints, so there’s a lot of cartilage that can potentially become painfully inflamed.
• Tendonitis – tendons connect muscles to bones. When they’re inflamed, they cause pains near the joints in various parts of the feet. Tendonitis can be caused by a sudden change in exercise habits, or changing heel heights (high heels to flats or vice-versa). Foot supports can prevent or help tendonitis.
• Heel Spurs – this abnormal growth of the heel bone forms when the plantar fascia along the bottom of the foot pulls away from the heel bone and causes pain, especially when standing or walking.
• Bunions – this bony protrusion at the base of the big toe, often aggravated by poorly-fitting footwear, can cause muscle imbalances and loss of stability in the foot.
• Diabetes – this condition increases the risk of corns and calluses which can affect your skin and, left untreated, can cause diabetic wounds.
• Shin Splints – pain is caused by overstressing the tibia bone in the lower front leg and is very common in runners.
• Stress Fractures – pain and swelling result from developing a crack in one of the bones that extends from your toes to mid-foot.
These are a few of the foot conditions that can be helped by arch supports.
Foot Solutions stores have specially-trained experts to help assess your feet, gait and balance and determine the best combination of foot supports and stylish, comfortable, supportive shoes to keep your feet as pain-free and healthy as possible.
Call or visit the Foot Solutions store in Tigard to get a comprehensive foot evaluation today!