The Tigard community is coming together to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through volunteer service.
Over the January 13-15, 2024 federal holiday weekend, community members can participate in a series of volunteer events supporting our local nonprofits, parks, and events.
Volunteer events will include:
- Easter egg filling for the City of Tigard Egg Hunt
- Cleaning up Library books
- Tree planting and bark placement project
- Filling food distribution boxes with Packed With Pride
- Main Street cleanup and graffiti removal
Signups will open Monday, December 11 and remain open through Monday, January 8. Volunteers can sign up for as many or as few events as they wish.
Last year’s MLK Weekend of Service saw over 150 volunteers help with community projects over the three days:
- 30 bags of trash cleaned up off Hall St and Main St with the Youth Advisory Council
- Over 1,400 plastic eggs prepped for our community egg hunt in the spring
- 3,000 feet of ivy pulled from Cook Park
- 108 wheelbarrows of bark placed along Dirksen Park Nature Trail with the Tualatin Riverkeepers
- 780 boxes prepped, 80 boxes filled, and more! with Packed with Pride
- 10 trees planted in Cook Park
For more event information and to sign up on or after December 11, visit www.tigard-or.gov/MLK