The Tigard Chamber of Commerce is seeking curious, collaborative, constructive, compassionate and connected adults who are: business owners, government, non-profit, or academic professionals and volunteers.
Are you interested in gaining more knowledge about the community you live, work and play in? How about a deeper understanding of how it all fits together between business, government, non-profits and community? Would you like to impact the community of Tigard and help make it even better? Then consider Leadership Tigard!
Leadership Tigard is a 1 day/month, 9-month program of the Tigard Chamber of Commerce. The goal of the program is to educate and inspire adult leaders to participate in the life of our community at a variety of levels. The purpose of Leadership Tigard is to create knowledgeable, connected, skilled, involved and passionate business and community members/leaders.
Participants in Leadership Tigard become part of local solutions as more informed and engaged citizens. What some previous participants say about Leadership Tigard:
- Karen Emerson, current Tigard School Board member stated: “Leadership Tigard helped me find the confidence to represent my neighbors on the school board.”
- Halsted Bernard, Director of Tigard Public Library stated: “Leadership Tigard has given me the tools to engage more deeply with the Tigard Community and the resources to collaborate with other leaders.”
- Michelle Cheney, health care professional: “I’ve lived in Tigard for 15 years and worked here for seven and almost everything we learned was new. I was delighted with how much Tigard has to offer, and I learned about important ways I can contribute to my community.”
Leadership Tigard graduates have impacted the local community through service projects over the last four years of the program in the following ways:
- 2020 – Site preparation, assembly and installation of play structure for Family Promise of Tualatin Valley, a non-profit that serves homeless children and their families.
- 2019 – Raised over $6,000 for the Chelsea Hicks Foundation who provides play and laughter to children fighting cancer.
- 2018 – Assembled 300 “Fresh Start” kits with essential health, hygiene and other necessities for the city’s most needy residents distributed through local agencies.
- 2017 – Raised $5,000 for Project Homeless Connect Tigard – One Day Event, serving some of our most vulnerable community members.
Applications are now being accepted for the Leadership Tigard class of 2020/21. The program runs Oct. 12, 2020 through June 15, 2021. Applications are due by Sept. 24, 2020. To learn more and/or apply visit: Leadership.TigardChamber.org or email [email protected].
For more information contact Debi Mollahan: [email protected] or (503) 639-1683.