Here are five steps we recommend to clients during a skincare consultation at Aesthetic Body Design to help them achieve their best skin:
1. Cleanse – Not all cleansers or soap fully clean what you accumulate on your skin throughout the day. In order to achieve a deep cleanse, we recommend cleansing lotions – they are very gentle, while possessing the ability to break down dirt, oils and dead skin cells, while keeping the skin hydrated and calm. You generally wipe them off since they don’t create foam or suds. For clients that prefer foam when they cleanse, we recommend cleansers that use the Japanese tradition of rice powder, which gives the skin a very milky, soft cleanse but also bubbles and foams. Cleansing should be done morning and night.
2. Exfoliate – Most clients with dull or rough skin texture, blemishes and hyper pigmentation, typically either don’t exfoliate, or use one that is too harsh or not effective. We don’t recommend physical exfoliations (such as a scrub), because they scratch the skin without really removing much dead skin cell build up. We prefer using a gentle chemical exfoliant. Look for AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) Peeling Masks or peels/exfoliators that use Activated Hydrogen Water, a useful and effective antioxidant that isn’t irritating to even the most sensitive skin. We recommend exfoliating 1-2 times a week.
3. Moisturize – We find that almost all of our clients have dry skin. Dry skin can increase fine lines and wrinkles, dull the surface of the skin, and create uneven texture. Even those with “oily skin” typically have dry skin. Their skin is reacting by creating an over production of oil to balance their dryness, causing further issues such as blemishes and enlarged pores. Clients MUST moisturize daily. Those with dry skin will drink up the moisture immediately, especially if their skin is very clean and properly exfoliated. Those with oily skin will find that over time, their oil secretion lessens and their skin reaches a more normal balance, so don’t be afraid to moisturize! Moisturize morning and night, for those more sensitive to heavier moisture, save the thicker creams for nighttime use. Also, drinking at least 64 oz. of water daily helps immensely at keeping skin hydrated.
4. Sunscreen – Wear sunscreen! UV rays from the sun are responsible for 80% of signs of aging and increase hyper pigmentation. We recommend wearing a minimum of 30 SPF everyday, even if you are inside or are in your car – UV rays even come straight through windows!
5. Collagen Building Treatments – Adding facial treatments that build collagen and accelerate cell turnover to your skincare routine can truly create a skin transformation. These treatments improve fine lines and wrinkles, reduce acne and scarring, as well as increase hydration, blood flow and oxygen in the skin.
There are many technologies available that can bring your skin health and appearance to the next level. Book a consultation today and learn the best treatments and products for your skin. Call Aesthetic Body Design at 503-575-7653 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at www.aestheticbodydesign.com to learn more about our services.